[Gllug] openoffice 1.1 RPMs?

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Oct 2 12:54:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 11:23:45AM +0100, Richard Turner wrote:
> Ah, I see...
>
> Cool, thanks for that info.  I had a quick look at fedora.redhat.com the
> other day when the 'merger' was announced, but didn't really know what
> Fedora is/had been about.  Think I'll check it out :)

Hopefully, Fedora will be more responsive to user input.  Red Hat
historically tended to ignore feedback from users except for actual bug
reports.  Many of the Red Hat packages, including core ones, have very
hokey configurations which went unremedied despite many well-considered
suggestions from the official user lists.

It will be interesting to see whether Fedora improve upon this situation
and whether any improvements are adopted in RHEL or, conversely, the two
systems diverge.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk