[Gllug] Debian

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 12:14:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Tethys wrote:

> itsbruce at uklinux.net writes:
>
> >This attitude can be turned round on you.  For example: "What, you want
> >packages automatically fetched and downloaded for you?  Don't you know
> >how to check for updates?  Don't you know how to download files or
> >install packages?  Red Hat assumes you have a clue, you Debian-dependant
> >wuss."
>
> I can't see this myself. Red Hat assumes you don't have a clue, which is
> why in the default desktop, there's a big flashing red light when updates
> are available. Click on it, updates happen. The end.
>
> Tet

	Why can't we have Both worlds. Nice idot proff installer. like
Redhat, Mandrake, etc with Debian installer apt. and Redhats light bulb to
run hmm

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

	From what I've seen Debian has a good plan but slow speed
development. Where as Redhat, Suse, etc have fast development but no plan.
	Lets stop acting like Chrildren grow up and start showing the
world that Linux is trully better than Windows! Which even though we spend
long hours aguing I believe it is.
	Currently Mac are running circles around OpenSource.

	Oh and why is pine not in non-free?

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk