[Gllug] Debian

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 09:47:38 UTC 2003

Peter Childs wrote:
> 1. the package dependancies on knoppix are broken.

I have never used the Knoppix install, only ever the bf2.4 installer
which seems to do the job.

> 3. pine does not seam to be available for debain any more :( (Installed
> from source)

No, because of the license that it is released under:

http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/pine.html

> 	Debian seams really good its just its cast iron rules that put it
> down and will never get a biggner using it.

Quite, an example being the shoddy installer.  Yes, it works, but it is
(IMHO) leagues behind the RedHat installer or the Mandrake installer
*two years ago*[0][1]

Will.

[0]Last time I installed mandrake approximatly.
[1]Can't remember the SuSE installer, I imagine it is pretty good.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk