[Gllug] Debian

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 21 07:46:45 UTC 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Peter Rutherford wrote:

> Maybe RH, Debian, Suse et alia should be parachuted
> into the Isle
> of Mull, and not let off until a team of 100 ramdomly
> selected
> newbies can install their products unaided.

With the greatest of respect, I think you are wrong.

Jon 'Maddog' Hall came to talk at GLLUG three or four years ago.
If you weren't there, I'm sure you all know who I mean.
If you don't, do a quick Google.

Maddog said that he knew Linux had 'arrived' the day that his
local LUG conducted an experiment. They put a distro CD into a PC,
and simply kept hitting return. After a few returns, they had a fully
installed and functioning Linux system.
So sorry, I do think Linux has already passed this test.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk