[Gllug] Memory cards for Cameras

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 09:29:04 UTC 2003

I am thinking about buying myself a digital camera. I have looked which
cameras can be connected to using linux and gphoto2 or USB Mass Storage
so I think I know what I'm doing there.  What I'm not sure about is
linux support for reading the various memory cards.  If I want to get a
card reader to read the memory cards when they are not in the camera are
there any types that I should avoid?

I remember something about one type (Sony) that had some sort of
proprietory technology that was unreadable, is this still true? Can I
just but one of those 7 in one card readers and read anything?

JD

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk