[Gllug] IMAP

Avtar Marwaha avtar at vestrivan.net
Mon Oct 6 11:37:16 UTC 2003

Hi

> Should I be using procmail to move mail on the server before the client
>  even sees it?

It depends, are you ever going to use any email client other than
Thunderbird?
If you are then definitely use procmail, it moves the task to the server
and the filtering will be done regardless of the client.
If not then you will not notice a difference between the two and I suspect
that Thunderbirds filters are much easier to setup.
I made a similar move a few years ago and I find that over the years I
have used lots and lots of different clients, if only just to test them
out, so I would recommend that you use procmail as it will pay off in the
long run.
Avtar

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk