[Gllug] XP - Linux dual boot

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Oct 3 09:52:54 UTC 2003

On Fri 03 Oct Tethys wrote:
> Nope. Windows will only overwrite your boot loader if you install it
> in the MBR. Which isn't a good idea anyway. Quite why distributions
> default to it is beyond me. Installing in the boot partition is a
> far better idea.

So if Windows writes it's boot loader into the MBR, and your linux boot
loader is in your boot partition, what happens?  I happily admit to lack
of clue on this, since I very rarely dual boot machines :)

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"If you are the type of person who likes assault weapons, there