[Gllug] FreeServe tells Linux users to ---- off

Pete Ryland pdr at accucard.com
Wed Oct 15 17:38:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 01:18:11PM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, David Damerell wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 15 Oct 2003, Richard Jones wrote:
> > >http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/33404.html
> >
> > Misleading subject line, much? This is actually about NTL.
>
> 	One wonders what they are using and why linux can't cope with it.
> Oh yes and why it can't be fixed. (hacked or whatever)
> 	I'm still waiting for a company to offer IPv6 at half the price of
> IPv4 because IPs are so expensive. It would probably segment the internet.
> But somone has to be the first to jump. I hope it happerns before IPs
> start being worth more than Gold (or what ever is the most valued
> thing currently).

Try A&A: http://aa.nu/

They gave me 16 (well, 14) ipv4 and 203 gazillion ipv6 addresses as part of
my home ADSL service.  They route both ipv4 and ipv6 traffic.

Plus, they have statements like "We even have key players in linux
development who choose our services for their home use." as part of their
marketing. :-)

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk