[Gllug] FreeServe tells Linux users to ---- off

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 14:10:56 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 01:18:11PM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:

> > > Misleading subject line, much? This is actually about NTL.
> > >

> > 	One wonders what they are using and why linux can't cope with it.
> > Oh yes and why it can't be fixed. (hacked or whatever)
>
> This was raised on uk.comp.os.linux last week.  The number to dial for
> the service changes at random (other settings may also change
> arbitrarily).  The dialer software apparently gets notice of the next
> set of changes each time it dials in.
>
> It's lunacy but lunacy that you can't replicate on Linux without
> carefully examining the dialer software to see what it is doing.

	So in short even windows users can't get in without first patching
there system and installing a custom version of ppp. I've always found isp
cds to crash computers on windows and will not touch them (except with a
coffee cup)
	In short they are not only stopping all the Linux, Mac what ever
users but all the users of windows who do not wish to upgrade and patch
there systems because they do not wish to break there otherwise fully
working system.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk