[Gllug] Mail Snooping - was: CNAME in in-addr.arpa ????

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sun Oct 26 12:17:18 UTC 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:26:47PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:08:27PM +0100, Doug Winter wrote:
> > On Sat 25 Oct Alain Williams wrote:
> > > I doubt that I will ever know who visited my web site. I don't know if
> > > the email was snooped at NTL (via a carnivore machine or something) or
> > > was taken en-route to NTL (much more difficult).
> > >
> > > Interesting all the same. Some of the conspiracy theories are right !
> >
> > It's probably a screw up or a spider or something really boring.
>
> No, the pictures were NOT referenced anywhere. There is NO previous
> activity (for several hours) and someone comes in and asks directly for
> the URL that I gave in the email.

Well,

some wierdo lookin for pron could be trawling through the logs of a relay
inbetween looking for links to pics,

some people used to snoop network traffic at my uni when i was on campus
looking for urls that had lots of squential jpg files,

some people will do anything for a bit of free flesh...

Ian

> --
> Alain Williams
>
> #include <std_disclaimer.h>
>
> FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
> best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org
>
> --

----- Message of the Hour ------
Moooo :-)