[Gllug] Debian

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 09:18:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, John Hearns wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Jason Clifford wrote:
>
> > Windows 95 is a harder to install than Linux. It doesn't support lots of
> > modern hardware that Linux does. It didn't recognise lots of hardware at
> > the time it was current.
> >
> Let's run a demonstration at the next GLLUG.
> Or even better another table at the computer fairs.
>
> We get a SuSE disk and a Knoppix disk.
> (I say SuSE as I guess Roger can help ou there!)
>
> To make it worthwhile, we need a journalist or two to come along.
> Anyone got contacts?

	I belive PC Plus have done articles like this before. Comparing
different OS and how easy they are too install. Can we take 10 OS and
compare them or somthing. On non bias rules of course. Lets make a list

Windows 3.1
Windows 95 (If we are going to be historic OS2)
Windows XP
Windows ME
Debian
Redhat
Suse
Knoppix
beOS
BSD

	Install all some reasonably modern hardware against the clock. (Oh
and get everything working (from a list))
	We would have course have to comment on what worked and what did
not.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk