[Gllug] Halifax online banking (still?)

French, Alastair Alastair.French at racalinstruments.com
Wed Oct 29 11:33:16 UTC 2003

Richard Jones <mailto:rich at annexia.org> wrote:
> Can't see it. This is what I see:
>
> http://www.annexia.org/tmp/halifaxsnap.gif
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if they've gone and used Flash for the
> button. (Duh!) I recently upgraded my browser and haven't got round to
> installing Flash yet - to be honest, I wasn't missing it.

There should be a navigation bar above what you have, it is generated in
javascript, although there is a noscript section.

I've saved the source and opened it in Mozilla (windows) with and without
javascript enabled and both work OK, I can't connect directly due to the MS
proxy that won't let anything other than IE through (unless someone can tell
me how to authenticate Mozilla)

I've just tried it in the windows build of Firebird and you don't get the
nav bar, strange. There is a rouge </noembed> tag but taking that out
doesn't help. Turning off javascript in Firebird shows the alternative menu
bar OK

Alastair

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual/s or entity to whom it is
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify:-
postmaster at racalinstruments.com.

Racal Instruments Wireless Solutions Limited.
An AEROFLEX Company. Visit our website at:-
http://www.aeroflex.com/riws/

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk