[Gllug] SMS Providers

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Wed Oct 1 06:15:32 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:49:19AM +0100, Ian Norton-Badrul wrote:
> I did once use a little program called sendsms, (linux)

I think you mean "smssend".

> it was a wrapper around some http, it basically let you rip off the
> lycos free sms thing from the command line,

It can use quite a lot of different web services, so you can send smses to
phones in other countries and such.  Quite a nice tool, except that a lot of
the companies are discontinuing their web services.

The other option is a program, whose name I can't remember, which can dial
up to a provider using a land-line modem to send the messages.  This is
somewhat unreliable though since their lines were very often busy.

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk