[Gllug] ipv6

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Oct 17 09:08:28 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 01:19:29AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
>    Did I hear that China has just agreed to join a consortium with some
> other countries in the far east, to ignore the west and go their own way
> with computers? I think they wish to bypass American restrictions designed
> to limit their choice software.

A consortium of eastern countries is to develop their own operating
system. I'm not sure what the OS will be based on, but it's probably
Linux, although it might be based on the Japanese Tron project [this
page, if your Japanese is up to scratch:
http://www.tron.org/tronproject/tp_view.html ]

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/08/31/1525252.shtml?tid=99

There are some dangers with this: firstly China, Taiwan and Japan are
an odd group of countries to be cooperating with each other.  Secondly
China in particular might not feel compelled to donate code back as
required under the GPL, and there would be very little anyone could do
about it if they didn't.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj