[Gllug] OSS Palm OS Office Software

Richard Turner richard at disabledliving.org.uk
Tue Oct 14 22:37:54 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have a Sony Clie running Palm OS 4.1 that came free with a Sony
projector I bought.  It's quite handy, but (obviously) the software that
came with it is only for Windows and even that doesn't include stuff to
sync with Office - that's another way Linux is better for me: I couldn't
sync with Outlook if I wanted to, but with Evolution it's a doddle!

One of my colleagues has some software on her Palm that allows her to
view and edit Excel and Word files and view PDFs - does anyone know of
any open source software I could install on my Clie that'll allow me to
do the same with, e.g. OpenOffice files?  I'd rather not ask her if I
can 'borrow' her CDs - running Linux I'm quite proud of the fact that
all my software is licenced ;o)

Cheers,

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk