[Gllug] OpenOffice.org on Linux

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 13:55:44 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues,

We're running a one-day event in November for people
interested in migrating to Linux on the desktop, so I'm
looking for people with technical knowledge in either (or
both) of the following two areas.

* Installation of Linux (Debian, Mandrake, Red Hat, SuSE,
  etc.) on a laptop, probably with dual booting.  We'll
  offer Knoppix for the faint hearted.

* Experience with OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet and word
  processor, especially when it comes to things like
  macros.

I envisage that we'd meet for a day beforehand to go through
presentations, materials, etc. before the event itself.
Funding is available for contributors.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk