[Gllug] Samsung Contact

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Sun Oct 5 09:02:48 UTC 2003

Alain Williams writes:

>Yes: there are various (nice) web based things, but not what is wanted
>in this instance, mixed desktop clients:
>* Outlook at the moment
>* Evolution replacing outlook over an extended period (not big bang)
>Everything has to play together.

That's the problem. All the main efforts at the moment seem to be aimed at
producing a Linux groupware solution. Few seem aware that unless it plays
well with Outlook, it's never going to get anywhere.

>Server is currently MS exchange, want to chuck for OSS. Mail is the easy bit,
>groupware server to handle shared diaries, meetings, etc is what I want.

Based on Bo Thorson's talk in Edinburgh, I decided it was worth
looking at the Kolab server here. It seems to work, but it does appear
to be a bit bizarre in places. Maybe Pete can explain in more detail.

	http://www.kolab.org

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk