[Gllug] Debian

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 09:47:30 UTC 2003

Tethys wrote:
> Mike Brodbelt writes:
>

>>>Going out of our way to facilitate the errors of other platforms is a
>>>mistake.
>>
>>Hmmmm. Us cynics among the audience might argue that Gnome is exactly
>>this, writ large.....
>

> Yes, although not as much of an offender as KDE. Which is one of the many
> reasons why I still use fvwm2.

So, what exactly do people consider to be the problems with KDE and
Gnome and what errors have they replicated from other platforms?  I am
not defending them, just curious, no-one seems to have pointed out what
exactly they consider to be bad about them.

(KDE user at work, fluxbox user on laptop at home)

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk