[Gllug] OpenMCU

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Sun Oct 5 21:31:54 UTC 2003

Has anyone used OpenMCU (or any other software MCU server)?

I've been trying to set it up over the weekend on a linux box with two
Netmeeting hosts connecting to it.  Direct connection between the two
Netmeeting hosts (using the GnuGK gatekeeper) works fine (if
intermittently) but I can't seem to get video and audio connections from
both Netmeeting clients to the OpenMCU server.

Could it be a bandwidth problem?  How much bandwidth should I need for
each connection stream?  I'm guessing perhaps 128kbps per stream,
implying that each client needs 128kbps and the server needs 256kbps.
If so, then everything should be fine.

Net documentation seems a little scarce.  Anyone got a working setup?

jack

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk