[Gllug] Login notifications

Jason Lambert jasonlambert1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 16:56:45 UTC 2003

There may be an alternative way of acheiving
notifications via email when someone log's in.

echo "username" > /user/username/.userfile
chown root:root /user/username/.userfile
chmod 644 /user/username/.userfile

then, add a command to the user's .bashrc or .profile
to be executed on login such as:
mail youremail at domainname.co.uk -s "user logged in" <
/user/username/.userfile

that *should* work, and *should* be fairly reliable,
providing you have "mail", and a mail server installed
on the box.

Good Luck!

Jason

 --- Jon Dye <jon at pecorous.co.uk> wrote: > Hi,