[Gllug] Debian

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 23:09:58 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 22:28, Nix wrote:

> Numerous GCC maintainers work for Apple (Mike Stump, Stan Shebs, Dale
> Johannsen, Matt Austern, many others), and numerous substantial
> contributions have come from Apple and NeXT over the years, from
> Objective C through precompiled header support. Currently a lot of the
> speed-up-GCC effort is coming from there.

I knew the Objective C support caem from Apple/NeXT originally, but was
unaware of that level of support for GCC from them. They don't shout
about that very much - they make a lot more noise about areas where I
don't think they've offered a lot. Maybe that's just a case of bad image
though. In the light of your comments, I'll give them the benefit of the
doubt, I suppose :-).

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk