[Gllug] IMAP

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Oct 6 17:23:09 UTC 2003

Simon Faulkner writes:

>Right then, Procmail it is, <mental rolling up of sleves>
>
>Any advice for the procmail newbie?

procmailex(5), regex(7)

Seriously, though, stick with simple rules, and don't attempt anything
complex until you're comfortable with it. Procmail is incredibly powerful,
and lets you do amazingly wonderful things, but it also provides myriad
ways to shoot yourself in the foot in new in interesting ways. Also,
*always* have a catch all rule at the end. Thus, start with something
simple like this, and work up from there:

	### Anything from my mate Foo goes into its own folder...
	:0
	* ^From.*foo at example.com
	/my/imap/folders/foo

	### ... as does everythign from the GLLUG list
	:0
	* ^X-beenthere:.*gllug
	/my/imap/folders/gllug

	### Catch all -- everything else goes into my inbox
	:0
	/my/imap/folders/inbox

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk