[Gllug] Newcomer

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Oct 31 12:30:40 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:24:34PM -0000, Richard Turner wrote:
> I agree that they both have their place, but I'd advise against buying
> manuals until one knows enough to make an informed decision about which
> manuals to buy.

In fact, the advice given to the OP was that SuSE is an excellent start
for a newbie and comes bundled with very good manuals if you buy the
boxed set.  I happily second that (note: Debian user).  Buying a SuSE
boxed set would be a great start on the way to becoming an informed user
and really isn't a big outlay.  It's not at all the same thing as
wandering into the computer section of Borders and trying to pick one of
the many (and almost uniformly useless) "Running Linux"-type manuals.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk