[Gllug] Government and open source

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 07:57:48 UTC 2003

On Fri 10 Oct, Jack Bertram wrote:

> Just seen this:

   That is only the first hurdle. The main problem now is how to tender for
any contracts offered. New official contracts are listed each month in

http://www.ogc.gov.uk

so it requires one or more competent people to read right through it every
month and pick out anything relevant, then organise a team to work on each
project, submit a tender, and see it through to the finish. Sometimes the
software is only a small part of the total contract; I have heard rumours
that the air traffic control system was almost complete before they started
to think about the software to drive it (I wonder why it did not work).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk