[Gllug] OT: Health on job applications

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Oct 28 09:04:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> This is way before any trust gets involved.  The only utility of
> asking this kind of question at the application form stage is to
> provide a method to weed out people on health grounds.  Discriminate
> based on health, in other words.

There's nothing wrong with that (except where you discriminate based upon
disability which is a different thing).

My experience is that this usually means the company is seeking to avoid
people who take lots of "sickies" to supplement their holiday entitlement.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk