[Gllug] Debian

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Oct 20 12:05:35 UTC 2003

David Pashley writes:

>I don;t recall Redhats installer working on 11 archetectures and being
>written my people in their spare time.

It seems like I'm ending up as a Red Hat apologist here, but I'm
just trying to address the balance. Red Hat's installer works on
many architectures. I've personally used it on IA32, SPARC and
Alpha, and it's available for PPC, S390 and probably others. Once
it's working on more than a handful, it's pretty portable, and
adding new architectures is pretty trivial. It also has contributions
from non-RH employees.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk