[Gllug] re: rf energy

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon Oct 13 21:09:51 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Nix wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Henrik Morsing moaned:
>

> [1] pedants will point out that there is an upper bound to the
>     intensity of photons producable by known physical processes at
>     this point; but, well, the same laws applied at the Big Bang,
>     when the upper bound didn't really apply; things got kind of hot
>     at T=10^-35s...

I was once very  interested in high energy cosmic rays and extensive air
showers. Things like the Haverah Park array in Nottinghamshire,
the Flys Eye array and the underwater photomultiplier arrays.

The upper bound to gamma ray energy is quite impressive - I may be wrong,
but the same kinetic energy as a speeding locomotive.

ps. this is on topic, as I guess Linux is used for DAQ on these things
these days :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk