[Gllug] OT Changing ADSL supplier

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 22:01:54 UTC 2003

Dylan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using Plus.net for the last 18 months as my ISP, but today have
> decided that their customer service attitude is unacceptable [1].

Had exactly the same problem with them which is why I moved.

> Any suggestions for alternatives? How difficult is it to switch ADSL from one
> isp to another?

I went with Zen (http://www.zen.co.uk) and the service has been very
good.  Now I would probably give UKFSN a go (http://www.ukfsn.org/) as
all profits go so free software or something like that.  I didn't know
about them when I signed up woth Zen.  UKFSN is run by Jason who has
been seen on this list.

> [1] My payment bounced, and they deactivate the account and threaten legal
> action immediately. This is NOT good practise.

They were petty and beuraucratic and I had had enough with them.

WIll.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk