[Gllug] USB Keychain - repair corruption?

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Oct 29 13:33:50 UTC 2003

Branden Faulls writes:

>... to which I thought fdisk-ing it would do the trick, but I get...
>
>"Unable to read /dev/sda"

Are you sure it's sda? What does /var/lgo/messages say it is when you
plug it in[1]? Does lsusb show the device as even being present? Do
you have the appropriate USB modules loaded?

Forget messing around with trying to mount it, the first step is try
to just dd raw data off it. Once you've got that, then it's worth
trying to fdisk it and mount some filesystems.

Tet

[1] Oh for a sensible device enumeration system under Linux. Hopefully
    udev will sort a lot of this mess out...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk