[Gllug] Debian installer and Disks > 137GB

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 08:09:21 UTC 2003

On Sat 18 Oct, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> I had a similar problem some while ago, and gave up.  I partitioned each 180
> Gb drive as a pair of 90 Gb.  Problem went away, unsolved!

   Some time ago I had a drive which showed 3 different capacities when
formatted as a single partition in different ways by different OS's, none of
which agreed with the manufacturer's spec. LBA was once supposed to be an
answer to all problems. Did you try switching the BIOS between CHS and LBA
addressing? I have found that a large drive is found and can be recognised
correctly by Linux if the boot partition is on a small drive with the BIOS
set up not to look for the large drive (set as NONE).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk