[Gllug] From the security log

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 19:37:31 UTC 2003

Jon Dye wrote:

> Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > What does this mean:
> >
> > sshd[14237]: channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
>
> I think that it means that whoever ssh'd in was trying to do port
> forwarding or X11 forwarding or agent forwarding but sshd has this disabled.
>
> Or it could be soemthing else :-)

I saw this when trying to establish a tunnel to a Windows VNC server. I
could not get this to work. It wasn't a problem with sshd because an
equivalent tunnel onto a UNIX VNC server worked fine.

I too would be interested to know what this means. I would also be
interested to know the details of what Adrian is trying to do.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk