[Gllug] Re: Gllug Digest, Vol 4, Issue 66

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Oct 21 16:12:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 03:59:39PM +0100, Josef Davies-Coates wrote:
> However, this means that I invariably miss a lot of useful stuff, since
> people often change the subject of discussion without changing the
> subject of the email.<br>
> I was thinking that the current message that seeks to address this
> issue:<br>
> <pre wrap="">When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Gllug digest..."</pre>
> could be replaced with the simpler and more to the point:<br>
> <pre wrap="">When you change the subject of discussion, please change the subject of the email.

Please turn off html mail when sending to this list.  Otherwise you'll
find many people simply discarding your mail without reading it.  And
*really* turn off the html-only part.  Any html-formatted e-mail should
also come with a plaintext component out of courtesy to those who can't
or don't read html mail (and because sending html-only mail will get
your mail marked up as spam in a lot of places).

Then, maybe, we can talk about other people showing you some
consideration.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk