[Gllug] openoffice 1.1 RPMs?

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Thu Oct 2 10:12:30 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:56:01AM +0100, Richard Turner wrote:
> >Fedora should help this lots:

> So as someone that uses RH9 and RH7.3 at work and wants a similar set-up
> at home but with more frequent updates to things such as OpenOffice and
> support for stuff that Red Hat have to omit, I would be better-off
> running Fedora, yes?

Fedora Core will be being released much more rapidly than Red Hat was,
there is also push for official and (unofficial for legally problematic
stuff from US and hence Red Hat as a company rpm.livna.org - requires
fedora.us repo in apt/yum/up2date see README).

I'm running severn2 (or Fedora Core Test 1) on my laptop along with some
experimental stuff - as I'm looking at the next release for things like
2.6, python 2.3, etc.

There will no longer be Red Hat distros only Fedora and RHEL.

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk