[Gllug] Samsung Contact

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 15:36:13 UTC 2003

Alain Williams wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am casting around for what seems to be the current holy grail of Linux/MS integration on the desktop: groupware.
>
>Yes: there are various (nice) web based things, but not what is wanted in this instance, mixed desktop clients:
>* Outlook at the moment
>* Evolution replacing outlook over an extended period (not big bang)
>Everything has to play together.
>
>Server is currently MS exchange, want to chuck for OSS. Mail is the easy bit, groupware server to handle
>shared diaries, meetings, etc is what I want.
>
>I have been looking at various options, Samsung Contact is one of them has anyone got an experience of this ?
>Trying to get information from them: blood & stone are 2 words that spring to mind.

Samsung Contact is the old HP product I believe, which is a tangle of a
thousand binaries.  I would have a look at opengroupware.org, which has
previously been commercial and has a good history (There is a ready to
run Knoppix style CD), you could also look at Bynari's exchange
replacement, which is a was a doddle to set up three years ago.  The
other one I have not tried is Kroupware.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk