[Gllug] BBC on Microsoft DRM in new Outlook

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Oct 23 22:52:55 UTC 2003

On Tue 21 Oct, Bernard Peek bloviated thus:

[disable cut-and-paste]
> You can already do that if you create PDF files with Adobe
> Acrobat.

And of course one expects it'll be about as hard to get around as
Acrobat.  I sure don't remember xpdf ever restricting my use of
cut-and-paste.  pdf2txt sure doesn't.

(though you may need to patch Ghostscript to get right into the guts)

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "As long as I am mayor of this city [Jersey City, New Jersey]
  the great industries are secure. We hear about constitutional
  rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear
  these words I say to myself, That man is a Red, that man is
  a Communist. You never hear a real American talk like that."
- Frank "I am the law" Hague (1896-1956)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk