[Gllug] BBC on Microsoft DRM in new Outlook

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 21 15:06:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Bernard Peek wrote:

> DRM will disable cut-and-paste except as permitted by the owner of the
> document. You can already do that if you create PDF files with Adobe
> Acrobat. You can still photograph the screen and paste the picture into
> another app.
Something tells me you mean 'do a screen grab'

Photographing the screen went out with Tektronix terminals.
Ooops... still remember some raster graphics terminals kicking around the
physics lab in the old days. IIRC they had hoods like oscilloscopes.
Still remember too learning GKS graphics to drive Tek emulator terminals.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk