[Gllug] Recording a RealAudio radio programme...

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Oct 7 09:30:56 UTC 2003

> > i.e. cat /dev/dsp > london.raw
> > or use oggenc/whatever other program you want to use to capture it.
> > The cat method has the disadvantage of not automatically stopping at the
> > end of the required time, but, you get the idea.
>
> Now that sounds much easier!!

Did a little experimenting over the weekend...
I got a couple of details wrong.
oggenc doesn't like output from the dsp. I think you'd need to take it from
/dev/audio. And you'd need to set alsamixer for capturing from the capture
and "mix" device, not aux.

(sorry about that, wasn't on my home machine)

:)

I noticed the sound was a bit weird on mine... stereo channels seemed to go
all... wibble, but that could just be my soundcard. Not tried capturing from
the mono_mix device yet.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk