[Gllug] Re: Linux and Open Source event - 16th September

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Sep 18 21:08:17 UTC 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, John Hearns wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Gordon Joly wrote:
>
> > I do not wear jeans. I do wear t-shirts. Was this dress code to keep the MP happy?
>
> Gordon, that's probably the problem. In most business meetings, clothing
> only the top half is considered a no-no. And could get you arrested.
>
> Still, you could invode the "BBC Newsreader" defence, and just hope that
> no-one can see under the table.

These things are relative in the real world. It is unlikely they will stop
anyone going to such a meeting as long as they are not considered to be
being too excessive in the clothes they wear. It is just simpler
for them to say everyone is supposed to have a suit just in case.

I wear black jeans and a shirt to work but alternate that with a suit as I
actually quite like suits!

Jon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk