[Gllug] megaraid2 [solution]

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Thu Sep 11 14:34:20 UTC 2003

> And verily, didst Daniel Andersson announce to the hordes:
> > have downloaded it, but have no idea how to put it into the kernel
> > do i just replace megaraid.c/.h with the megaraid2-stuff?
> > anyone know? :)
>
> In what form does it take?
> Is it compilable against the kernel as a standalone module (in the same
way
> that the nvidia kernel module is) or does it need to be implanted into the
> kernel tree and made along with the rest?
<snip nice and long explanation></snip>

thanks for that information

i think i was being too eager to fix the problem
i emailed the megaraid-mailing list before, and didn't get a reply so i
thought i'd try here

but didn't provide enough information (eager? me? no ;)

if anyone wants to try/use the megaraid2-drivers from lsi with the
2.4-kernel series, this is what you do

download the latest driver from
ftp://ftp.lsil.com/pub/linux-megaraid/

unpack it
move megaraid2.c and megaraid2.h into drivers/scsi/
backup the current megaraid.c and megaraid.h
rename megaraid2.c and megaraid2.h to megaraid.c and megaraid.h
edit megaraid.c and change
#include "megaraidc.h"
#include "megaraid.h"

and compile

one problem you could run into is the problem with host locking (think it's
called that),
like with the latest driver
so you have to download the patch (which is in the same directory as the
latest driver)
and patch the megaraid.c-file

or you can use the -ac (alan cox) branch of the kernel
(which is supposed to have the latest driver from lsi)

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk