[Gllug] Linux for old 486

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 15:36:12 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 04:33:02PM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> Jason Clifford writes:
>
> >You need at least 4MB of physical RAM to load a Linux kernel.
>
> Really? Since when? I've installed Linux on a 2.5MB machine. Admittedly,
> that was a long time ago, and IIRC a 0.99 kernel, and the kernel has
> grown somewhat since then...

I think that we need to squash this thread before people start boasting as to
how they installed linux on some tiny machine while sitting in a paper bag :-)

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk