[Gllug] cdrecord ide-scsi

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Sep 8 16:02:58 UTC 2003

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 16:00, Sean Burlington wrote:
>
>>mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom/
>>/dev/hdc: Input/output error
>>mount: you must specify the filesystem type
>

> That's bizarre. dd the CD to a file and then run 'file' on it.  This is
> probably not related but does your kernel have automounter support?
> Also do the SCSI devices for CDROMs exist? Specifically /dev/sr0

how can I dd the CD when I can't find it ?

sr[0-9]+ are all symlinks to scd[0-9]+

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          4 Sep  8 15:12 /dev/sr0 -> scd0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          4 Sep  8 15:12 /dev/sr1 -> scd1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          5 Sep  8 15:12 /dev/sr10 -> scd10
etc

I've tried deleteing them and running MAKDEV

(BTW I'm running Debian/GNU 3.0)

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk