[Gllug] Market for low-cost Linux servers/networks?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 22:53:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Richard Jones mused:
> I've wondered about this ... Is UML actually secure? Last time I
> looked, it mapped the (guest) kernel into user space, and it looked as
> if you could just write there, if you could work out the address.

The skas patch fixes this, and speeds it up to boot. :)

(Well, *mostly* fixes this. There's still a vulnerability there but it's
much harder to exploit. 2.6.x should have that fixed, too, IIRC.)

--
`I treat debconf as a hostile imperialist agent.  "ALL CONFIGS YOURS
 NOW CONFIGS OURS ARE."' --- Stephen J. Turnbull

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk