[Gllug] New Knoppix

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Sep 24 16:02:28 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Doug Winter wrote:

> AIUI, basically, we won:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=community@apache.org&msgNo=2466
>
> Limiting "technical effects" to be only "the use of the forces of nature
> to control physical effects" and excluding explicitly "information
> processing", sounds like winning to me :)

I've read that the people behind the process are threatening to pull it
all back and have national patent offices pass the necessary regulations
to bring about the original proposals.

Whether this will really happen remains to be seen.

If the threat is real it seem to be a test of the validity of having an EU
parliament.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk