[Gllug] Hardware Modems

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 20:31:40 UTC 2003

On Fri 12 Sep, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> There's a list here:-
>
> http://www.devidal.tv/~chris/winmodems/
>
> The full hardware PCI modems are detailed on that page. If you find a
> decent supplier for them in the UK - please post to the list. PCI
> hardware modems are like hen's teeth...
>
> Mike.

   A local distributor has offered me several pallette loads of modems made
by Origo, split about equally between internal hardware modems, internal
winmodems, and external winmodems, plus some PCMCIA modems. All are customer
returns. He has previously shipped large quantities back to the far east at
great expense, and been told that about 90 percent were in perfect working
order, no fault found.
   He also had various items which were manufacturers' replacements in plain
boxes. All the gear was offered at low prices but out of manufacturers
warranty. His normal business involves importing large quantities of
computer hardware and distributing to the trade only, these items may well
end up at one of the computer fairs if not grabbed first.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk