[Gllug] Debian: Laptop.

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 15:14:09 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Chris Bell wrote:

> On Mon 15 Sep, Tethys wrote:

> > >See my last mail on this topic.
> >
> > Which one? The only thing I can see is your suggestion to echo false
> > into /etc/X11/default-display-manager, which obviously can't be done
> > at boot time (unless you've preprepared an initrd that does it, but
> > that's far too clumsy to be even vaguely sensible)
> >
> > Tet
> >

>    Have a look at man init, I think you need a file called /etc/inittab

	Hmm Under Redhat you tell inittab to go to runlevel 3 this does
not work in Debain thats the problem! I've tried 3,4 and 5, and
Ctrl-Alt-backspace will not work becaus the X session is close and a new
one opened...
	On every other distribution "telinit 3" is multiuser text only.
which is nice on a server when you only want xdm running sumtimes ie..
"telinit 5"

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk