[Gllug] New Knoppix

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 16:20:59 UTC 2003

On Wed 24 Sep, Jason Clifford wrote:

> The vote was today I believe that software patents have been allowed
> subject to certin limits by the EU parliament vote.

   I gather that there is already a large chunk of the far east going their
own way, so we may soon have a choice of hardware, operating systems, and
software, only available at their prices, and all from the far east. The
"third world" says you can stuff your world trade agreement. And they wonder
why people are dubious about taking on the Euro and even more EEC
commitments. Or shock-horror even thinking of leaving the EEC. The bigger
they grow the harder they fall.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk