[Gllug] Richard Hall's auto-responder

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Sep 4 11:22:07 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Martin A. Brooks announce to the hordes:

> On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 08:00, Mark Williams wrote:
> > Only when I post (Expecting another).
>
> Just got one myself,  would the list moderator mind temporarily
> unsubscribing this chap until he gets back from holiday?

Most mailing list software has a "nomail" option.
So you just send a message to the list software admin address with "nomail"
in the body, and it stops sending you mail until you send a "mail" message,
just for these temporarily out of the office situations...

Does mailman? I know majordomo does, cos I've been on a few majordomo lists
over the years. It saves the hastle of having to unsub/resub.

So maybe sending one more message saying "you've been set to nomail until
you get back. You can reactivate your subscription by sending a mail with
"mail" in the body to <this address>", and then setting him to nomail might
be better.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk