[Gllug] COT: Resigning from my job

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Sep 15 19:35:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Henrik Morsing wrote:

> I know this is completely off topic but I have never had a job here before
> and I don't really have anyone to ask who would know this.
> In my contract it says that:
>
> "You will be expected to give the Company one days notice for service less
> than four weeks and 1 calendar month thereafter of your intention to
> terminate your employment"
>
> I have been employed for ten months. Does this mean that I can resign
> tomorrow the 16th and then my last day will be the 16th of the next month,
> or is it like in Denmark where I wouldn't be able to leave until the 1st
> of the following month (Nov. 1.)?

It is one calandar month so your last day if you resign tomorrow would be
the 15th of October.

Your employer may decide to make an alternative arrangement with you
though if both they and you are agreeable to doing so.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/	 	   professional hosting/ADSL Broadband