[Gllug] re: subsribed vs unsunscribed posts

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 14:03:21 UTC 2003

I see another post on this subject has arisen

Along with Martin, I am in favour of subscriber-only posting, on the simple
basis that:
a) the purpose of the list is, I presume, to exchange ideas and receive help
b) if you post to the list without subscribing you are defeating object (a),
   so there ain't no point in posting
c) if there ain't no point in posting, there can be no objection to the list
   dropping the post !!

OK, I accept there may be instances where the poster posts from one address
but subscribes under another address ( I do far a start !);  but presumably
it would not be too tricky for the subscription process to cater for this
situation ??

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk