[Gllug] OT: Windows XP refuses internet access

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Fri Sep 19 21:35:27 UTC 2003

Hello All,

Many apologies for the offesnsive mail, but I find nowhere else to turn...

I have brought my Mother's box running Windoze XP to my house so I can use my
ADSL to do the (rather necessary) update. I have reconfigured the network
settings so that it connects through my gateway, and can ping the outside
world (tried www.bbc.co.uk).

When I open IE and try to connect it says: "Forbidden. Access denied by access
control list". Now, I'm pleased to say that I'm a bit adrift when it comes to
XP, so what's going on? She usually uses a dialup, if that might be anything
to do with it...

Obviously, I want to try and get her as secure as possible..

TIA for any help

Dylan

--
Sweet moderation